Recipe Sponsored By: Food Club Ingredients 4 slices bacon, cut into 4 pieces 1 lb…
Classic Chuck Roast
By: Preferred Angus®
- 3- to 5-pound Preferred Angus® chuck roast (may substitute bottom round, eye of round or sirloin roast if necessary)
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 4 whole cloves fresh garlic
- 1½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup red wine (optional)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Salt and pepper roast.
- Heat oil in roasting pan over medium high heat. Sear roast on all sides until brown. Remove roast and set aside.
- Cook onions, garlic and carrots in roasting pan until onions begin to brown. Add wine (optional) or 1 cup beef broth to deglaze the pan.
- Add roast back into pan and add remaining beef broth to cover at least half of roast. Add cut potatoes and fresh herbs and cover with lid.
- Place roasting pan into oven and cook until roast is fall-apart tender. Approximately 3 hours for a 3-pound roast and 4 hours for a 4- to 5-pound roast. Or transfer to crock pot and cook on low until tender, approximately 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove whole herbs and garlic before serving.
Pick up your perfect cut of Preferred Angus® meat at your nearest Foodland to make this delicious dish!